The Check platforms and MCUs utility lists all the platforms and MCUs, checks the installed releases against the supported ones, and generates a report.
- This doesn't imply all the platforms and boards need to be installed.
- If the installed platform or board is older or newer, this means that specific version hasn't been tested or isn't supported.
The Check platforms and MCUs utility is located under the ~/Documents/embedXcode folder.
- Double-click on the utility to generate the report.
Please refer to Check platforms and MCUs on the User Manual website.
Here is an example of the generated Platforms and MCUs Report.
Based on the Platforms and MCUs Report,
- Upgrade the boards packages listed in red.
In this example, the Arduino SAMD package is installed with release 1.6.14, while embedXcode supports the newer release 1.6.15. Release 1.6.15 is the recommended release.
- Downgrade the boards packages listed in yellow, as the newer releases haven't been tested yet.
In this example, the Arduino SAM package is installed with release 1.6.11, while embedXcode supports older release 1.6.10. Release 1.6.10 is the recommended release.
- Nothing to be done for the boards packages listed in green.
In this example, the Arduino IDE and the Arduino AVR package are installed and correspond to the recommended releases.
- Install the boards packages listed in blue.
In this example, the Arduino STM32F4 package isn't installed. Release 1.0.0 is the recommended release.